Have you ever written someone a letter? Not an e-mail. A real letter that requires a stamp. Remember those?
For the past month or so a very dear friend and I have been sending letters back and forth. There's something very connecting and, almost, therapeutic about writing an old fashioned letter. At first, I was trying to write the letters as quick as I can type an e-mail. I can type about 80wpm or 90wpm, if I'm having a good day. So, you can almost picture my frustration and the chicken scratch that resulted from my furious "need" to finish the letter. Getting out the door and actually putting the letter in the "Outgoing Mailbox" was almost as bad, at first.
Eventually, I slowed down dramatically and took the time to write.
We talk about our thoughts, what our day was like, what we should do this year, etc.
If you haven't written to a friend, you should try it.
Sometimes I think that we all just need to slow down and reflect on our day. This blog is another great example of "slowing" down. Even though I'm typing (as evidenced by my occasional grammatical error) it gives me a chance to stop and think about things. Doesn't matter what it is...
Do Widzenia!
No comments:
Post a Comment