Emily and I had a conversation during our accounting class that really struck me. Accounting is one of my least favorite subjects in the world. I disliked the subject since undergrad and I it left a bad taste in my mouth.
Last trimester, I tried to take accounting and economics at the same time. I'm pretty sure I could have done it, but, for some reason, anything that was discussed never stuck or clicked in my brain. I just did not want to be there, so I dropped it. Taking econ and accounting was a little too much for me at the time.
This time around, I came in with a much more positive attitude. I still dislike the subject, but found that I am really retaining and understanding this material much more effectively than before.
"This isn't so bad... You can do this"
So, I guess it's all a mindset. I really do believe that anyone can accomplish anything much more effectively, if they try to have a positive attitude about it. You don't have to like it, but getting down on yourself about it will just hinder your ability to overcome the situation and, ultimately, become successful.
I know it's harder than it sounds and it takes a level of dedication, for sure... Believing in yourself is definitely a great first step. Take things slow and try not to let the situation overwhelm you. At least, that's my advice...
Anyway, I'm done reading my Marketing :) I surprisingly blew right through it all... See you tomorrow.
Do Widzenia!
1 comment:
Yay Carl! I wanna hire you to be my marketing guru!
Post a Comment