Monday, January 03, 2011

Day 7 - Mom's Here

My mom is going to be spending a few days over at the Casa' de Carl.  Usually when my mom comes to visit, it prompts a little cleaning of the condo:
  • Vacuumed the carpets
  • Dusted around the house
  • Did the laundry
  • Cleaned the toilets
  • Cleaned the kitchen
  • Cleaned the shower
I'm not a messy person, but when my mom comes over, I like things to be neat.  Y'know as if to say, "see, I can take care of myself."  Haha... Okay so that is a little more than just tidying the place up, but hey the place is clean!

I'm definitely blessed to have my mom around.  She's always been there for me: helping me through college, financing my drum and bugle corps years, and just being so loving and supportive.  I've noticed that since I got my own place, my mom and I have grown a lot closer.  Anyone else have the same experience?  My mom and I talk at least once or twice a day, and I'm really loving how close we're becoming.  One of the biggest surprises is asking my mom for relationship advice and the amount of wisdom she actually has.  It's one of those... "Wow, my mom really isn't that naive..."

That sounds so TERRIBLE to say, but I'm sure you felt that way when you were growing up.

"What do parents know... They just want to keep us from what we really want to do..."

But, behind all that "sheltering" comes a lot of wisdom and experience.  I'm sure...

G'night.

No comments: