Besides the sleepy-eyes, I've been thinking a lot about my brother, Phillip. My brother is living in Las Vegas, NV working at the new Cosmopolitan Hotel. He's the sous chef at the Wicked Spoon Buffet. It's no ordinary buffet, and I'm looking forward to trying it out someday.
My brother lived with me in the condo for about a year and a half. I really enjoyed living with my brother and miss having him around. We didn't see each other much since he usually worked the afternoon/evenings and I'm usually a 7am-4pm-ish person. I loved it when his girlfriend, Amii, would come over because that usually meant that my brother was going to bust out the pots and pans and make something totally awesome. I enjoyed having Amii around too! I'm just saying... When she was around, that meant there was going to be some yummy food! I'm pretty sure I took it for granted, but I always loved it when he busted out king crab, lobster, fillets, garlic mashed potatoes at 11:45pm when he and Amii got in from work.
I'm super proud of my brother. My brother is always telling me how proud he is of me and that I'm the "bread winner" or the family, but what he doesn't know is that he's the one that I look up. My brother has a huge passion and determination for what he does and sacrifices and takes risks to reach his life long goals. Since we were little, he was always cooking something in the kitchen. I remember when he first discovered how to make scrambled eggs and would whip them up for the family. Eventually, he graduated to fried rice and that's when our inside jokes started... My brother grew to become a talented cook, but I would always tease him to make me fried rice.
I miss my brother a ton. He'll always be my inspiration and my motivation to work hard.
Love ya, big bro.
![]() |
| My brother Phillip, Richard Blais (top chef contestant), and sous chef Drew Fortenberry |

1 comment:
Love it Carl! Your brother sounds as talented in his own way as you are in yours.
Post a Comment