Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 4 - Frank's Birthday and Good Friends

Sorry for the late post, but I just got home from a night out with some friends to celebrate my friend's, Frank, birthday!

Sometimes it's so easy to take your friends for granted: you get a text or phone call from a friend asking you to come out and play, but you make up some excuse because you just want to stay home.  I'll be honest, I've done it before and I'm sure all of you have done it as well.  I love my friends.  They're the people you can just be yourself, laugh and have a good time.

Tonight, we, along with Frank's family, friends, and coworkers, went to West Coast Tavern in San Diego to have dinner and some drinks.  I ordered the salmon and it was delicious AND FREE!!  A benefit for being patient and polite with the waitress that forgot to put my order on the ticket.  Afterwards, we went to Bourbon Street for more drinks and a little dancing.

West Coast Tavern

some friends and new ones

Frank and Stephen - two great guys that make me laugh


I'm really glad I got to spend time with all of 'em before the New Years.  I'm definitely blessed with great friends who know how to make me laugh and let me be... me.  Those are the friends that, I think, everyone should have.  Too many people these days will have friends just because they fit some kind of label, they're good looking, they're popular, or, worse yet, they (eventually) want to "get it on."  Good friends, and I mean the really good ones that will always be there and don't care who you are and what color your hair might be (etc), are rare commodities and go well beyond "skin deep."

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~ Dr. Seuss

No comments: