Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 2 - Adobo my chicken, thanks!

People that know me know that I'm not the greatest cook in the world.  God blessed my brother with that talent.  I can find my way around a kitchen well enough for myself.  I've made spaghetti, grilled cheese sandwiches, steaks, mashed potatoes, and, of course, rice.  If you're Filipino, you probably eat rice with almost every meal.  I'm not terrible, but let's just say there have been more than a couple times when I've screwed up top ramen.

Tonight, I decided to step out of my comfort zone a little and make Chicken Adobo.

Not only am I thankful for the deliciousness of chicken adobo, but also thankful that my mom was available to laugh at me and attempt to step me through the process.

To be best of my recollection:
  1. Olive oil and cook up about 4 cloves of garlic
  2. I decided to throw in some onion
  3. Brown some chicken in the pan for a little bit
  4. Throw in 1/4 cup of soy sause and a cup of water and let it boil
  5. Once things are cooked, remove everything and fry the chicken (I like it crispy)
  6. Put back the soy sauce/water/onion/garlic sauce
  7. Simmer and serve
Best directions ever, right?!

I also made corn and rice (refer to my aforementioned statement).  And here are the results..

















Grade: C .  It's not my brothers or my mothers, but it was good enough for me.  Kind of on the salty side and the chicken was weird and soft.  I'm so used to my mom's chicken being more crispy.  I think I need to fry up the chicken more in the future...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol! I think you did a great job :) Now cook for me! Love you!

IwonderwhereI'mbound said...

It looks great Carl! I am feeling a push to create my own blog of thankfulness since I have been very good at finding the negative lately. Thanks for the idea buddy.

itsmecarl123 said...

Haha thanks for the compliment! Hopefully I can keep up the blogs. I'm not much of a blogger, but I think this is a nice experiment to see how different 2011 can be! Thanks for following along!