Monday, September 12, 2011

A Day With the Family

This weekend, my brother came to town to hang out with the family.  Since my brother moved to Las Vegas, it's been a rare occasion that all the Soriano kids are together with mom.

Today, the Soriano family and Grandma went to go visit my Grandfather.  We bought some flowers and trimmed the grass around his headstone.  The last time the whole family was together to see my Grandfather, was when he was buried.  It's still painful to see my Grandma so sad, and she told us how she missed her husband.  I love her so much.






Although the visit brought back many memories, it was really nice to be with my family and my Grandma.  Afterwards, we went to get some boba tea and my Grandma made dinner - arroz caldo, a filipino dish.  It's a comfort food of mine and reminds of when I was in elementary school.  Instead of walking home, I'd go to my Grandma's place for dinner.  Her cooking is the best and makes me feel at home.


No comments: