This happens to be one of those weeks for me. Between work and school, life as a working professional and graduate student can become a nightmare. I could vent on and on about what's wrong with the management of projects, or the unorganized chaos that people like to function in, but that would just turn this blog into a big ol' rant.
So how do I deal with the stress? I'm by no means a perfect person and I'm not proud that, in the heat of the moment, I caught myself raising my voice to some folks at work. (Which is very uncharacteristic of me, if you know me). Anyway, to be honest... I'm not sure how to handle the really stressful situations. I can handle the pressures of deadlines if I can dedicate my time to getting a job done. But when things get really dirty... How do you handle yourself? It's easy to put down on paper that you have to do:
- Stay calm
- Make a list of priorities
- Tackle one thing at a time
- Yadda yadda yadda
"There is only so much sand in the hourglass. Who gets it?"
"It's a tug-of-war, and you are the rope..."
"I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future. Then you will call my name. You will come to me and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will search for me. And when you search for me with all your heart, you will find me!" Jeremiah 29:11-13
What I get from this is... God will always take care of you. He has a plan for you life and when things get overwhelming and crazy it helps to take a timeout and focus on what he's blessed you with. See the bigger picture and take some time to clear your head... Work is work and it will always be there... Don't become so entrenched in your work that you lose sight of everyone or other things that are also important: God, your family, your health...
Even if you're not a spiritual person, just take some time to reflect on things... Take a walk and breath... You'll return to work with a lot more focus and clarity.
Ok back to work... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment